29 November 2006

 

A couple of Arrowroots




At the match I was sitting by myself, but in a crowd of over 74,000 people I didn't really feel that was a bad thing - I could sit back and take it all in, including the pre show entertainment of a giant black bull, a marching band, and one of those faous Welsh choirs you hear about. And then there was the distinct lack of Haka.
Now, I initially thought it was outof respect for the dead president of the Welsh Rugby Union, but then I found out after the game that it was due to some stupid argument about answering the Haka with the Welsh National Anthem. All around me were ex pats complaining they want their money back, etc etc. Which made me think if the Haka is getting to be expected and is a selling point in going to the rugby, then maybe they shouldn't do it every game! Because the last thing anyone wants is the commodification of their culture...
Anyway, on a lighter note, there was a group of NZ boys behind me, so I practised my stealth photography moves on them, the results being above.

Comments:
Mmmm me likesy the one on the left.

In my younger days I used to dunk milk arrowroots into my cup of milo nightly. Perhaps I should return to the habit.
 
Yeah he was my favourite too. It is a pity I couldn't get the whole line up - an impressive array of baked goods!
 
I've always thought arrowroots were a bit plain and uninteresting... however am reconsidering this in light of delicious photographic evidence - the bikkies will never be the same! :D

And yes, strange about the haka & how that fits in and why it is or isn't important.
Do they just want their pre-game ritual complete or it is about respecting what's part of our nation's culture, reflected in a sporting context?
Not sure if any of the ruggerheads are going to think about it that deeply unfortch...!
 
Terrific, that' s literally what I was seeking as a service to! You just spared me alot of work
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?