20 November 2006

 

First Goods for the Bakery

The first rule I set myself when thinking about baked goods is that they shouldn't know they were getting their photo taken. I've blown this already - shows how good I am at self control.

After several failed attempts at getting some baked goods, I finally have some products to put on display in the shop - let me tell you that the city of Bath, in all its World Heritage site status, also is a fine bakery to peruse. It is a shame that my candid images were mostly of cars or road, rather than something a little more interesting.

And so, to the Pub.

Not on purpose though, let it be known. I was simply looking for a place to watch the rugby, and then go home to curl up in my cozy wee single bed. After all, I had already had a late night on the Friday out in Hammersmith watching Forced Entertainment's crazily superb 'World in Pictures' which, much to my fascination, had one Richard Lowdon running around the stage for the most part naked. Although some people have written this show off to be boring, I loved it. It was bloody hilarious, from the start where the whole cast came onstage to give Jerry some encouragement for his opening piece in the show....

"Hi Jerry, I guess what I wanted to say is... just do your best"
"Hi Jerry. This is the real thing. Don't blow it" (or words to that effect).

But I digress - The Pub. After looking through the windows of all the pubs in Greenwich like a folrorn Dickensian character, the last pub I went to was also the only one playing the All Blacks game. So I got a pint of Strongbow, and was promptly told not to sit where I was going to unless I was supporting France. To which a middle aged kiwi behind me retorted "Just sit down and tell him to go fuck himself". So off to a good start then...

I sat with a Welshman (thankfully no unicorns festooned on his chest), an Australian, and two poms. They bought me drinks, I hassled them mercilessly, and they eventually drank themselves in to a stupor and left in the second half. 20 minutes later a couple of baker's assistants arrived, and encouraged some baking...

Comments:
"...To which a middle aged kiwi behind me retorted "Just sit down and tell him to go fuck himself"..."

So reassuring to know that just as there are good looking young men scattered heartily about London, there are also your run-of-the-mill obnoxious old aged ones too.

Won't think too much about what these young 'uns are going grow up and turn into tho shall we...?!

Haha tho actually I guess he was doing his best impression of chilvary yeah? HILARIOUS...!:D
 
Hello Steph :)

Glad you seem to be enjoying yourself. Have Jenna living with me now so that's nice. Mum was up in the weekend, it was her birthday. Sang in a choir concert - Mozart focus - on Sunday - which was really good ;)

xx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?