15 November 2006

 

Nearly open and baking...


The idea of this blog developed with the recalling of a quote I once heard:
(OK, I actually said it.I'll be honest here)

"There are so many hot buns in London, it's like a Bakery".

And henceforth every hot guy seen was sub-consciously thought of in terms of a baked good. So, when moving to London I unwittingly told a few people "wouldn't that be a cool premise for a blog?"... They haven't forgotten about this wee idea of mine and thus here opens The Bakery.

Here is where the problems began - just how do you take good photos of good looking guys
a) without them noticing
b) with my budget digital camera
c) Legally
d) Without coming across like some sort of slapper feminist hybrid
???

And it is with these things in mind I bring you a blog which, I guess, is more 'delicatessant like', if you will - a snapshot of life here, of stories... with the odd baked good when I can get a good decent "no really I'm taking a photo of the scenery" photo. And then I would hope a good discussion would ensue.

So there we go. Open for business.

Comments:
I had the sort of opposite problem in Edinburgh - well, same problem, opposite reason for taking the photo. We stumbled upon a woman posing for what can only be described as medieval fetish shots - she was fully clothed but in tight vinyl with buckles and huge thigh-high boots with a long long long long blonde wig. It was so hideous that when we saw her about to walk past us later on Michelle said 'take a photo Lou! take a photo!'. Handily my camera was already in my hand, so I aimed it at the vaguest sort-of 'point of interest' in the vicinity, ready to snap as she walked through the frame... and obviously being embarrassed and humiliated - and paranoid that people would be desparate to snap photos of her (which of course we were) - she covered her face with a big bag as she walked past. So yeah, that method of sneaky photo-taking proved highly unsuccessful.
 
Hellooooo Steph!!
Welcome to the blogosphere :D

Brilliant concept. Am trying to come up with baking-related puns and word-plays as we speak... most just involving "hot" heh heh. Sorry.
 
You need a spy cam in your button hole. I'm sure the NZ embassy can set you up ...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?